Tied Up: How an Abandoned Project Became a Mobile Game
The game that I completely stopped working on, but after 2 years, i have finally launched it and is LIVE.
I used to play this small game by Felix during my office break time and I really loved it.
My colleagues and I used to play it everyday, constantly competing to beat each other's high score. The game had no leaderboard so we were all just competing against each other every day!
Back then I wondered what it would be like to build something inspired by this experience on my own.
So, in 2023, I started working on the game, by looking at some tutorials, learning how 2D physics works in Unity and in a month the game was ready. Back then I turned it into a full mobile game, with scoring, coins, gems, shop, settings, different control options and modifying player colors. But, I never released the game, it was like I wanted to finish it and make a full complete game, but did not publish it anywhere.
Then, in 2026 start, I got to know about this online web portal called Playgama where developers can upload there games and earn some revenue from them. So, I started working on the game again, switched the game from mobile to web, I removed old shop, different controls option, and gems, and only kept, coins and new shop for skins. Coins, you get after each round, and you can use those coins, to unlock new weapon skins from shop. Then, I implemented the Playgama sdk and hit the publish button, and after few days, I received a mail saying, my game is live.
A project which was experimental gradually evolved into a complete and well developed game with:
- Different enemies,
- Custom wave generator system,
- Abilities,
- Lives system,
- Coins & Shop,
- In-game leaderboard
It was nice to see people enjoying the game and after witnessing good engagement, I further polished it with new gameplay additions and made a few more improvements. I switched it back from web to mobile which you can also see here.
The game is now finally LIVE on the Google Play Store too.
I would genuinely appreciate your feedback on the game!
🎮Play on Playgama
📱Android version: Tied Up
And here's a funky style trailer video I made for the game.

Comments
Post a Comment