Releasing of my first ever solo developed game!

 


In 2025, I was in my office and one of my college friend showed me a mobile game, and after seeing that game I was really impressed with how a simple game can be so interesting. And, from there, I wanted to make my own game that is simple yet interesting that makes people enjoy it. At, first I was not sure on what to make, or what design to choose. So, I started working on the idea, designed various theme, gameplay elements, what will happen in game, whether people will enjoy it or not, and finally after few days of ideation, the name Froggy Hop appeared.

I used Unity engine to make this game, as I am using Unity since 11th grade, so for me it's a familiar tool and much efficient to use.

I started working on Froggy Hop from May 2025 and in August 2025, I released my first version of it.
I was really excited about it as my first solo project was finally out now for people to play.

At first, game was getting no downloads, it was just me and some of my friends playing it. So, I started making some marketing videos for the game, uploaded few videos on Youtube, so people get to know about the game.

I also ran few google ads and marketing campaign for the game, and I got to know some really good feedback about it !
Main issue with the game was, that it was a bit laggy and very difficult to play. So, I started working on the game and did all the necessary changes. And, in December, I released another version of the game. And this time the game was running smoothly and people were actually enjoying it. Then after few more feedback and adding some more elements in the game, like skins, In-app purchases, more rewards for player, I released my final update in April 2026.

Froggy Hop is LIVE now, you can try it and I would love to get your feedback on the game!
You can watch the game trailer video: Trailer






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bored by testing my typing speed on some website so made my own typing game!

Pass It Up - Is it a Rage Game?