Pass It Up - Is it a Rage Game?
Pass It Up is a 2D speedrun arcade game where a package falls from above and you pass it floor by floor to the top. It also tracks milliseconds on a precision timer displayed at the top. You can climb on top of the global leaderboard by finishing faster than other players. The game also has a Death counter that keeps track of your failures. High death count means you're learning. Zero deaths means you're a legend.
Journey & Development
I was very fond of the game, Jump King where you have to jump all the way to the top and reach the final point. It's a simple 2D game but also a rage game. I played it many time but never was able to finish it as it was quite challenging , one wrong jump and you will lose your earned progress in few seconds.
In February 2026, I decided to make a simple but a rage game similar to Jump King. So, I started working on some ideas and I really liked the one where you have to pass the fallen package back to the top. It was interesting and when I asked few of my friends about this idea, they also found it really fascinating. So, going forward with this concept , I opened Unity and started working on the game.
The main difficulty I faced was to decide the games theme and design. I took help of Google Gemini to finalize my theme and it took me a week to finish the design of the game, but it was fun to explore different techniques and theme for such a simple game. Then it was time to make the mechanics and control, better and smoother. After a month in March, I released the first version on Playgama and it was not getting many plays, only few people were playing it, so I studied the analytics and got to know, that people are finding it very hard to play, so they were bouncing onto different games.
I started working on the game again and made sure that the difficulty is not too high this time but the rage part is still present. I released my final version in mid of March 2026, and the game was LIVE.
If you want to try the game and play yourself, you can check here. But be sure that there are high chances that you will rage quit! So, if you into such type of game, do check it out and I would love to get your feedback on it!
Here's a gameplay video where I try to speed run my own game!
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment